Friday, September 1, 2017

Trip Day 1

Friday September 1

So far so good. If the whole trip goes like this morning it will be super. We had decided to leave the house by Uber at 10 am. We woke up before seven and got going. Finally a better night for me. I am usually a very good sleeper but on Tuesday I had finally decided to get that shot into my knee which bothered me ever since the middle of the Europe trip. The doctor had decided it was arthritis and an inflammation. Since there is no telling how long the effect of the shot might last so I had put it off. The knee feels so so so much better. Great relief. But the first night was misery because I was wide awake. If I had know that was a side effect I would have got up and sewed something. Oh well. The next night was already better. 

All the last minute things went well and the Uber worked out too. Calling the Uber:


Since we were in plenty of time James saw that an earlier flight to Philadelphia was soon to leave and asked whether we could get on. Yes, we could. And what a blessing. No waiting in Richmond and plenty of time in Philly to go to the Admirals lounge. 

And that is were we are now enjoying free soups, cheese bits and coffee. And wine!







Ups, our flight got called for boarding. Better go. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys....!!!! Looking good...We need a Burr duo visit at some point to us in Paris....David Meacham

Kim S. said...

I’m glad to know that that shot worked so well for you. I think I’m going to be needing one before we go anywhere that requires walking!

Bon Voyage!! And love!

Christa said...

That would be wonderful. Can we have a family picture at some point? Your children must be teenagers by now.